In our life’s journey change is inevitable. With intentionality, and reflection we can move towards growth. As a perinatal specialist I seek to support my clients to move towards, healing, self discovery, and living a wholehearted life.
My therapeutic approach is a person centered approach. I believe that all can benefit from the process of therapy, and that the therapeutic process can provide a grounded centeredness and strength to support us through the challenges that all will face. Healing and growth can further happen in the context of relationships. The therapeutic relationship can provide that space.In my work as a clinician my focus has been in supporting individuals, as they move through milestone moments. I am bilingual and bicultural and speak Spanish fluently. Serving the Latinx community is an area of speciality that I have engaged in for over 25 years.
As a clinician my background is in attachment theory, neuroscience, and trauma informed practices. I use narrative therapy, mindfulness, interpersonal psychotherapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, acceptance therapy, solution focused approaches, and expressive arts in my practice. I have over twenty five years of experience as a clinician. As a therapist my area of expertise has been in the areas of providing women support through the movement of life’s journeys, providing parenting support, and also to providing support to new parents and parents of special needs children. I offer my clients a safe, nurturing, and reflective space to heal and grow. During the past fifteen years the focus of my practice has been in the area of maternal mental health. My own role as mother of two now young women is central to who I am and how I view the world. My experience in navigating parenthood, and also my reflections on resilience in my maternal lineage have made me passionate about this work. Supporting clients in working towards decreasing symptoms of depression and anxiety, working through relationship challenges, healing from trauma, are areas of my expertise.
I am honored to have the opportunity to journey with our clients as they step into your healing, resilience, and purpose.
Trinity University Bachelor Degree in Psychology 1993
Union Seminary Masters of Arts in Christian Education 1994
University of Texas at Austin Masters of Science in Social Work 1997
Seleni Institute, Seleni Postpartum Mental Health Intensive Training
• 2020 Mom Project PMAD Training
• Massachusetts’s General, Psychiatric Diagnostic Disorders in Women: Diagnostic and Treatment Considerations Across the Female Lifespan
EMDR Therapy Basic Training Course
Gottman Method Couples Therapy
Oak Street Health
June 2022 to present
• Collaborate with the primary care teams to identify appropriate patients to refer into the
Oak Street Behavioral Health program
• Screen and assess patients for common mental health and substance use disorders
• Develop care plans and provide or facilitate referrals to Oak Street psychiatric
consultant and/or external resources
• Provide short-term counseling and evidence-based treatments
• Coordinate care with Oak Street’s psychiatric consultant, including warm hand offs for
telehealth visits and collaboration on care plans
• Develop relationships with primary care teams and consistently communicate changes in
behavioral health care plans
Any Baby Can
Bilingual Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Lead Maternal Mental Health Clinician
August 2009-June 2022
• Provided individual and family counseling
• Facilitated maternal support groups
• Provide program outreach for No Éstas Solo Maternal Support Program
• Provided developmental services to children and families 0-3
• UT Austin School of Social Work and Texas State School of Social Work Field
• Supervised LMSW candidates working towards LCSW licensure
Mariposa Enrichment (Part Time-Private Contract Therapist/Private Practice) Contract Therapy
• Facilitated play therapy, family therapy, individual, group counseling
• Taught social skills, behavioral management, and goal setting to children ages 5-17
• Taught parent education on child development and parenting guidance
• Directed family literacy program
• Taught parent education workshops to early childhood and preschool parents
Current established psychiatry patients can schedule their own appointments through charm.